The concept of PHILLIPS LOUNGE was entrusted to Foti Drouin designers. Throughout the renovations, which began in autumn 2007, the workmen reclaimed the cornices, moldings and chimneys of this historical house dating back to the 1840’s. Finally, at the beginning of January 2008, this very personalized urban lounge emerged; a cordial, accessible and inspiring rendezvous.
The name of PHILLIPS LOUNGE is homage to Montreal businessman Thomas Phillips. In 1842, he purchased a great part of the land situated in the west of the city. It is with the purpose of increasing the value of these grounds and those which he had on the coast of Beaver Hall that enticed him to develop Phillips Place. In accordance with his wishes, buildings of beautiful stature were erected to pave the way to prestige. The square and the Phillips Place owe their name to him.
Until very recently, the address of PHILLIPS LOUNGE, belonged to that of JONSHON’ S, a tailor specialized in Scottish inspired men’s wear.